Once a year, the rec center does some fishing thing where they fill the swimming pools with trout. Well, this year we went to it, and after a little difficulty with the poles, we caught some fish. The boys and Allison preferred to run around screaming, pretty much scaring all the fish away. Yes, the other people there loved us. I must say that I did catch one of the biggest fish in the pool. It was really weird bc we didnt catch any for our first hour. My pole didnt cast, and it didnt reel correctly, so I didnt even waste my time. After not catching anything for that long, we were getting discouraged. I was standing there, holding Allison, and that big one nibbled, and I yanked it out of the water. He was caught. I was so excited, and a little bit scared/freaked out too. I have only gone fishing once before. I started freaking out bc I was only one handed, and I didnt know what to do, so I started calling out Jimmys name, bc he want near me, and then the boys ran over with the net, and we put that sucker in. Jimmy didnt want to take the hook out, so an older man who was watching came over and took it out for us. I was so happy! Then I caught another, much smaller than the first. Then Jimmy caught one, again, smaller than the first. It was on!! I love to compete with Jimmy. Ended up in a tie. We each got 4 fish, but if you were going by weight, My fish were heavier. We took them home, and we made them for dinner. They tasted fine. Wasnt the most delicious dinner I have ever had, but hey, we caught dinner!! To me, thats a little neat.


No comments:
Post a Comment