Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Baseball

We recently put our boys in baseball. We figured it was about time to put them in a sport. Fall baseball is the "off" season ball, so it wasnt as competitive.

Joey did coach pitch for half the season, and then player pitch for the rest. Joey was pegged with the ball twice this season. (2 different games) My tough kid brushed it off, and kept playing. I felt so bad for him!! He did pretty well for a kid who never really played before. His team was awesome. I think they won all their games, except for one. It was fun looking up at the scoreboard, and seeing his team winning, like 16-0. We recently asked Joey if he was excited to play again in the spring, and his response..."No. I dont know why you made me do it this time". Yeah, he's starting to get sassy.

William played t-ball. He liked it, kinda. He was good at it. When he was in the outfield, that was some good time to play in the dirt. My favorite moment of his games was when he was on third base, and the other teams coach was yelling for his players to "run home, run home!!" William got a little confused, and started running with them. It was hilarious. We asked him about it, and he didnt really have any idea what we were talking about. He said he was listening to his coach..

2 comments:

Steph said...

I've been waiting for an update! Good to hear you are still alive just very busy! How was your Halloween?

Jamie Dana said...

I love little kids' sporting events. They are always extra entertaining. William is so cute and so obedient to obey the coach, even though he was the coach from the other team.