Monday, December 22, 2008

NY; Tuesday

Tuesday we drove to the city to go to the Statue of Liberty. I had never seen it before. We also went by Ground Zero, the twin tower site. I would have taken pics of it, but I couldnt really get in there. The pics would have been rubble anyway. It makes me so sad to see the site. It has been so long. We went when I was pregnant with Will, so 5 yrs ago, and we stayed in a hotel overlooking the site. It looks about the same. So sad!!

wow



on the ferry over

Just a guy in the Navy that we were talking to. He asked us if we wanted a pic with him, which made me laugh at him, but we said yes, of course!
the original torch

what you see when you get off the ferry at the staten island
I tried to get Jimmy to pick the nose, but apparently J is too mature for that

when we were at the base... but still up tons of stairs! I cannot imagine going all the way to the crown!!
Everyone else was too slow for us, so we basically did the statue alone, but I'm glad we saw Michelle up there!






No comments: