So, we had a small flood in our kitchen. Water was spraying everywhere. I tried to turn it off, but couldn't. So what do I do? I grab my camera! I now know what to do if this happens again.

It covered the whole kitchen floor.

I called Gil in a panic, and luckily he was home and came right over. He had to turn off the water at the street. I am so thankful for those handy Kirk men!

This is how the wood looked immediately. You could see every seam.

After we thought the mess was all cleaned up, Gil had to leave. So I walk him to the door and say goodbye, and then I turn around and see this huge puddle in the dining room. If you have been to my house, you know how crappy this was bc the water went through a wall to get the the dining room. What an exciting day!!

This is my extra laundry pile that day. We used every towel we owned, including hand towels. It wasnt enough, so I had to get blankets. I had to stop the water from traveling and ruining more wood floors. I even had Will go get the blanket off his bed!
..Did I mention this happened the week my brother was getting married? The week when all my family was coming to town, a few to stay with us? Oh, and the same week that we were having the "Rehersal Dinner" at our house? I was a little stressed that week.

Just a trip to Home Depot.

We surprised Tommy on his bday with some friends of his at Dave & Busters. It was totally last minute, and next time will be way better. He enjoyed it though, and had fun.

Allisons unhappy face. Not sure if she is mad or sad.
Here it comes

My dads brother, Uncle George came to town and brought us all out to dinner. I dont really remember him all that much, so it was nice getting to know him.

Will being brave at the park


Allison and Rachel playing at the park

I just think these pics of Will are so cute! It shows how happy he can be!! If only he was like this all the time!!


Williams turn to take pics. I look really good, I know.

I found this little upholstered rocking chair at a garage sale. It used to be really ugly, but I recovered it, and all the kids like it. Allison loves it. One night she got a blanket and her cup and a book and grabbed a seat. How grown-up of her!
No comments:
Post a Comment